One of the most confusing things new online marketers experience is using lead capture tools. Just like Internet Marketing is a term that can mean a lot of different things, so is lead capture.
So what are some of the different ways you can capture a visitors information?
- Email subscription – You can build your email list. This is not going to produce money right away but the list is very valuable for long term sales and value.
- CRM – A customer relationship management system will combine your sales process with your lead capture with your email.
- Social Media – Getting people to follow you or friend you in social networks is not my favorite capture tool, but does have some value if you are working your network.
- Blog Commenting – this is not a good way to capture leads but if you keep an eye on who is commenting you may follow up with people every once in a while.
- Online Database – You can always build your own online database as well and add your own features and functions.
These are some of the most common ways people that care about lead generation go about capturing information from website visitors.