If you are unfamiliar with generating leads online, you might be out searching for one piece of online lead generation software that will cure all your problems.
That is akin to looking for one piece of software that does all your marketing – it does not exist. Although there are big packages that will help you tie together many Internet Marketing activities.
What you really want to do is to do a flow chart of what your lead generation strategy looks like. Then buy or get free lead generation software that can do the key parts of it for you.
In our case, we focus on one very specific lead generation technique called Inbound Marketing.
Inbound Marketing is when you build online resources that attract buyers to you instead of you going out and getting them. Sounds magical, right? The disadvantage is that it takes time to develop and see steady results, and it takes work or a decent budget to hire people to do the work for you.
However, I have seen this produce some big results for some clients in as little as two to three months when they really took the marketing strategy seriously.
So if you are looking for lead generation software, start by mapping out your lead generation strategy and identifying those pieces you need. Here are some things you may need depending on your approach.
1. Lead Capture Software – Usually part of your CRM or Autoresponder
2. Keyword Research Tool – To help you identify target keywords and target markets.
3. Blog Writing Software – which can help you write and link faster and easier and get better SEO results (this is the primary purpose of our software)
4. Analytics – You can get free software to track analytics such as visitors and you can pay to have SERP (where you rank for keywords in the seach engines) monitored as well. Our software includes SERP for you as it is what drives your results.
5. CMS – A system for managing the content on your website. We recommend the open source free software WordPress.
6. Misc. There are some other things like you may need video editing, audio, image editing and more.
All of this is involved in Inbound Marketing. The good news is this is a low cost lead generation strategy that gets stronger the longer you do it and much of the lead generation software is free or very low cost.